On July 13, 2010 10am -11am (EST) Michelle Obama will speak with AOL Health on her “Lets Move” Campaign.
1) Wake up an extra hour early, 4-5 days a week and go for a moderate run. Make it family time, and invite your parents along. If you’re not a morning person, after dinner gather the family and take a run around the neighborhood or nearby park.Or
2) After dinner, gather the family and head to the backyard to play a game of softball. This will allow you to spend family time, work out, and have fun.
It’s a lot cheaper to spend money on junk and fatty foods vs. organic foods. However organic foods are not the only foods that provide a healthy way of living. Foods such as bananas, fruits, whole grain breads and cereals and fresh vegetables are just as healthy as organic, and very cost effective.
3) The next time your parents are at the grocery store, ask them to pick up fruits, yogurt, bananas and fig cookies. Even better, go along with your parents to the grocery store and choose foods that are healthy for the entire family. Make healthy eating a lifestyle not a temporary diet.It’s important to eat healthy meals each day, but certain schools may not provide this lifestyle. Help your parents prepare a healthy school lunch, and be creative!
4) Prepare a healthy creative lunch!
- Chicken with pasta & a lemon slice to squeeze over the pasta
- Sliced Tomatoes
- Trail Mix
- Veggies and Dip
- Rice Cakes with Peanut Better
- 2 Oatmeal Cookies
- Skim Milk or Fruit Drink
Lets take a stand and ALL assist in becoming a healthier nation!